> Quranic Prayers
Prayers > Quranic Prayers
Below are given some of the prayers which are met with in the Holy Quran. They can serve a general purpose as well as the purpose of recitation in prayers after the Fatihah. Some of them are for particular occasions as indicated by the words:
01. "Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and save us from the chastisement of the Fire" (2:201).
02. "Our Lord! Pour out patience on us and make our steps firm and help us against the disbelieving people" (2:250).
03. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or make a mistake. Our Lord! Do not lay on us a burden as Thou didst lay on those before us. Our Lord! Impose not on us (afflictions) which we have not the strength to bear. And pardon us! And grant us protection! And have mercy on us! Thou art our Patron, so grant us victory over the disbelieving people" (2:286).
04. "Our Lord! Make not our hearts to deviate after Thou hast guided us aright and grant us mercy from Thee; surely Thou art the most liberal Giver" (3:8).
05. "My Lord! Grant me from Thee goodly offspring; surely Thou art the Hearer of prayer" (3:38).
06. "Our Lord! Grant us protection from our sins and our extravagance in our affair, and make firm our feet and grant us victory over the disbelieving people" (3:147).
07. "Our Lord! Surely we have heard a Crier calling to the faith, saying: Believe in our Lord. So we do believe. Our Lord! Grant us protection from our sins and remove our evils and make us die with the righteous. Our Lord! Grant us what Thou hast promised us by Thy messengers and disgrace us not on the day of Resurrection. Surely Thou never failest in (Thy) promise!" (3:193, 194).
08. "Our Lord! Take us out of this town, whose people are oppressors, and grant us from Thee a friend, and grant us from Thee a helper!" (4:75).
09. "Our Lord! We have been unjust to ourselves, and if Thou forgive us not, and have (not) mercy on us, we shall certainly be of the losers" (7:23).
10. "Our Lord! Decide between us and our people with truth; and Thou art the Best of Deciders" (7:89).
11. "Our Lord! Make us not a trial for the unjust people. And deliver us by Thy mercy from the disbelieving people" (10:85, 86).
12. "Originator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my Friend in this world and in the Hereafter. Make me die a Muslim and join me with the righteous" (12:101).
13. "My Lord! Make me enter a truthful entering, and make me go forth a truthful going forth, and grant me from Thy presence an authority to help (me)" (17:80).
14. "Our Lord! Grant us mercy from Thyself, and provide for us a right course in our affair" (18:10).
15. "My Lord! Expand my breast for me: And ease my affair for me: And loose the knot from my tongue, (that) they may understand my word" (20:25 28).
16. "Distress has afflicted me, and Thou art the most merciful of those who show mercy" (21:83).
17. "There is no god besides Thee; glory be to Thee! Surely I am of the wrong-doers" (21:87).
18. "My Lord! Leave me not childless, and Thou art the Best of inheritors" (21:89).
19. Our Lord! We believe, so do Thou forgive us and have mercy on us, and Thou art the Best of the merciful ones" (23:109).
20. "Our Lord! Grant us in our wives and offsprings the joy of our eyes, and make us leaders for those who guard against evil" (25:74).
21. "My Lord! Surely I stand in need of whatever good Thou mayest send to me" (28:24).
22. "Our Lord! Thou embracest all things in mercy and knowledge, so grant protection to those who turn (to Thee) and follow Thy way, and save them from the chastisement of hell" (40:7).
23. "Our Lord! Make them enter the gardens of perpetuity, which Thou hast promised them and such of their fathers and their wives and their offspring as are good. Surely Thou art the Mighty, the Wise" (40:8).
24. "My Lord! Grant me that I may give thanks for Thy favour, which Thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do good which pleases Thee; and do good to me in respect of my offspring. Truly I turn to Thee, and truly I am of those who submit" (46:15).
25. "I am overcome, so do Thou help" (54:10).
26. "Our Lord! Forgive us and those of our brethren who had precedence of us in faith, and leave no spite in our hearts towards those who believe. Our Lord! Surely Thou art Kind, Merciful" (59:10).
27. "Our Lord! On Thee do we rely, and to Thee do we turn, and to Thee is the eventual coming. Our Lord! Make us not a trial for those who disbelieve, and forgive us. Our Lord! Surely thou art the Mighty, the Wise" (60:4, 5).
Prayers of the Holy Quran by Maulana Muhammad Ali
Prayers of the Quran and the Prophet [Muhammad] by Mumtaz Ahmad Faruqui