Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of
LANGUAGES and BRANCH WEBSITES: *
* THE LAHORE AHMADIYYA MOVEMENT:
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of
* OTHER LANGUAGES and BRANCH WEBSITES:
* Click to:
1. "Read in the name of thy Lord Who created; He created man from a clot. Read and thy Lord is the most Honourable, Who taught to write with the pen, taught man what he knew not" (96 : 1-5)."And if you fear a breach between the two, then appoint a judge from his people and a judge from her people; if they both desire agreement. Allah will effect harmony between them" (4 : 35).
2. "And if a woman fears ill usage or desertion on the part of her husband, there is no blame on them if they effect a reconciliation between themselves, and reconciliation is better......And if they separate, Allah will render them both free from want out of His ampleness" (4 : 125-130).
3. "When you divorce women, divorce them for their prescribed time........ Do not drive them out of their houses, nor should they themselves go forth, unless they commit an open indecency" (65 : 1).
4. "And the divorced women shall keep themselves in waiting for three quru`...........and their husbands have a better right to take them back in the meanwhile if they wish for reconciliation" (2 : 228).
5. "And when you have divorced women and they have ended their term of waiting, do not prevent them from marrying their husbands when they agree among themselves in a lawful manner" (2 : 232).
6. "Divorce may be pronounced twice; then keep them in good fellowship or let them go with kindness; and it is not lawful for you to take any part of what you have given them, unless both fear that they cannot keep within the limits of Allah; then if you fear that they cannot keep within the limits of Allah, there is no blame on them for what she gives up to become free thereby........Then if he divorces her, she shall not be lawful to him afterwards until she marries another husband; if he (too) divorces her, there is not blame on them if they return to each other if they think that they can keep within the limits of Allah" (2 : 229, 230).
7. "And if you wish to have one wife in the place of another and you have given one of them a heap of gold, take not from it anything; would you take it by slandering her and doing her manifest wrong?" (4 : 20).
8. "O you who believe! When you marry the believing women, then divorce them before you touch them, you have in their case no term which you should reckon" (33 : 49).
9. "So when they have reached their prescribed time retain them with kindness or separate them with kindness, and call to witness two just ones from among you" (65 : 2).
10. "And for those of you women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have doubt, the prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and as for the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden" (65 : 4).