Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of
LANGUAGES and BRANCH WEBSITES: *
* THE LAHORE AHMADIYYA MOVEMENT:
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of
* OTHER LANGUAGES and BRANCH WEBSITES:
* Click to:
1. "And He it is Who has created man from the water, and He has made for him blood-relationship and marriage-relationship" (25 : 54).
2. "And marry those among you who are single" (24 : 32).
3. "Do not prevent them (the divorced women) from marrying their husbands when they agree among themselves in a lawful manner" (2 : 232).
4. "And they (your wives) have made with you a firm covenant" (4 : 21).
5. "He it is Who created you from a single being, and of the same kind did He make his mate that he might incline to her" (7 : 189).
6. "And one of His signs is that He created mates for you from yourselves that you may find quiet of mind in them and He put between you love and compassion" (30 : 21).
7. " He made mates for you from among yourselves..........multiplying you thereby" (42 : 11).
8. "And the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you are lawful for you when you have given them their dowries, taking them in marriage, not fornicating, nor taking them for paramours in secret" (5 : 5)
9. "Forbidden to you are your mothers, and your daughters, and your sisters, and your paternal aunts, and you maternal aunts, and brothers' daughters, and sisters' daughters, and your mothers that have suckled you, and you foster-sisters, and mothers of your wives, and your step-daughters who are in your guardianship born of your wives to whom you have gone in -- but if you have not gone in to them, there is no blame on you -- and the wives of your sons who are of your own loins, and that you should have two sisters together except what has already passed........and all married women except those whom your right hands possess" (4 : 23, 24).
10. "And give women their dowries as a free gift but if they of themselves be pleased to give you a portion of them, then eat it with enjoyment and with wholesome result" (4 : 4).
11. "And you have given one of them a heap of gold, take not from it anything" (4 : 20).
12. "There is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed of dowry" (4 : 24).
13. "And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice between them, then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess" (4 : 3).
14. "And whoever among you has not within his power ampleness of means to marry free believing women, (he may marry) of those whom your right hands possess from among your believing maidens..........So marry them with the permission of their masters and give them their dowries justly" (4 : 25).