Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of
LANGUAGES and BRANCH WEBSITES: *
* THE LAHORE AHMADIYYA MOVEMENT:
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of
* OTHER LANGUAGES and BRANCH WEBSITES:
* Click to:
> Our Beliefs (Beliefs of the Ahmadiyya Anjuman
Isha'at-e-Islam Lahore [Lahore Ahmadiyya
Movement for the Propagation of
Articles Section > Our Beliefs (Beliefs of the Ahmadiyya Anjuman Isha'at-e-Islam Lahore [Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement for the Propagation of Islam])
Ash-hado al-laa ilaa-haa illallaho, wahdahoo laa sharika lahoo wa ash-hado annaa Muhammadan abdohoo wa Rasuluh [For the correct pronunciation, click here!]
01. We believe Allah to be the Possessor of all the perfect attributes, free from all defects and imperfections, unique in His Person, unrivalled in His attributes and works, and One without a partner.
02. We hold it is essential to believe in angels, all the Divine Books, and all the prophets and messengers of God.
03. We believe that the Holy Prophet Muhammad is Khatam-un-Nabiyyin ['The Last of the Prophets']. With his advent, religion has been perfected, so he is the Last Prophet after whom no prophet shall appear, either a new one or a former one (like Jesus Christ).
04. We believe in the life after death, and in all matters relating to the grave, the Day of Judgement, and paradise and hell, that are proven from the Quran and the Hadith.
05. From the depth of our hearts, we hold the righteous Caliphs, the Ashaab (Holy Companions [Allah is pleased with them] of the Holy Prophet Muhammad [peace and blessings of Allah be upon him]), the purified wives, and members of the holy household (ahl-e-bait), as beloved, worthy of respect, and honourable in the sight of God.
06. We hold Imams Abu Hanifah, Shafi'i, Malik, and Ahmad bin Hanbal, to be the leaders of fiqh (jurisprudence); and saints such as Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani, Khawaja Naqshband and Shaikh Ahmad Sirhindi to be the leaders of Tasawwuf (the spiritual sciences). We believe all such elders of the religion to be worthy of esteem.
07. In accordance with the Holy Prophet's sayings about mujaddids and muhaddaths ["Most surely Allah will raise from this Ummah at the commencement of every century one who will bring about the revival of their religion." (From the Collection of the Sayings of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) -- Abu Dawud)], we believe in the truth of the mujaddids of all the centuries, and in accordance with the same tradition, believe in Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian as the Mujaddid of the fourteenth century of Hijrah, and not as a prophet.
08. We consider each such person to be a Muslim who professes to believe in the Kalimah ['Pronouncement of Faith'], Laa ilaa-haa ill-Allah, Muhammad-ur rasool Allah (There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah), and calls himself a Muslim.
09. All the members of the Ahmadiyya Anjuman Isha'at-e-Islam Lahore [Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement for the Propagation of Islam] believe in practising according to God's Book, the Holy Quran, and the Sunnah [Actions] and Hadith [Sayings] of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, and if no specific direction is found there, they give precedence to the Hanafi school of jurisprudence.
10. The Ahmadiyya Anjuman Isha'at-e-Islam Lahore [Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement for the Propagation of Islam] has not only been proclaiming these beliefs but, for nearly a century, it has been engaged in the propagation of Islam and service to its cause. The whole world and in particular the Muslim religious scholars of the Indo-Pakistan subcontinent have borne witness to this fact.
of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Founder of the Ahmadiyya
"I make it clear to the public that I swear by Almighty Allah that I am not a kafir (disbeliever). My belief is Laa ilaa-haa ill-Allah, Muhammad-ur rasool Allah, and regarding the Holy Prophet (pbuh), I believe that "he is the messenger of Allah and Khatam an-Nabiyyin ['Last of the Prophets']" (The Holy Quran: 33:40). I swear to the truth of this statement of mine as many times as there are holy names of God, and as many times as there are letters in the Holy Quran, and as many times as there are virtues of the Holy Prophet in the sight of God. No belief of mine is opposed to the directions of God or of the Holy Prophet, and he who thinks otherwise is mistaken. Whoever still considers me a kafir, and does not refrain from declaring me as such, should remember with certainty that God will question him after his death." (Karamat as-Sadiqeen, p. 25)
of Hazrat Maulana Muhammad Ali, the First Head
[Ameer] of the Lahore Ahmadiyya
"I, Muhammad Ali, Head of the Lahore Ahmadiyya Community, do swear by Almighty God that my belief is that Hazrat Mirza Sahib was a Mujaddid and the Messiah, but not a Prophet, and that a person cannot become a kafir [disbeliever] and excluded from the pail of Islam by denying him as such; this was also the belief of Hazrat Mirza Sahib himself. "O God, if I have lied in swearing by Thy name, send upon me such exemplary punishment as could not come from human means, and by which the world would see how terrible and frightening is God's punishment for those who deceive His creatures by swearing falsely in His name."
of Maulana Sadr-ud-Din, the Second Head [Ameer] of
the Lahore Ahmadiyya Community:
"Knowing God to be present and to be our witness, we state on oath that from the beginning we have believed and we still believe, that no Prophet, either a new one or a former one, can appear after our Holy Prophet Muhammad."